Subscription

Books
Shop
About

Friday, September 10, 2010

Matrices for shop-keepers

In Nigerian folklore,
someone called out to a young child, "Emeka what is four plus four?"
The child, frowning, said "eh, I don't know."

The same person asked, "Emeka, what is four naira plus four naira?"
The kid proudly announced, "ahahn, that na eight naira now!"

I think Seun told me this joke.
Let's learn matrix multiplication. Can you solve this?

If you're like Emeka, think of the above matrix multiplication as:

If you can write in matrix form all your:
eggs from two shops, milk from two shops, and sugar from two shops in three columns,
then you can do the following matrix multiplication:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Other Blogs

  • Independence Anniversary - NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian society and beyond. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS." *Advertisement:* booksss about boyz and girlz.
    1 day ago
  • I play FLAGLE every day - Question: everyday or every day? Or every-day, a brand-new spelling. Not brand new nor brandnew?I play more than twenty games every day. The funny thing...
    5 days ago
  • trip - Coldplay - A Film For The Future (2025) Want fine African Literature? (Preview) Nigerian Lifestyle A-Z at REALbubbler.blogspot.com
    2 weeks ago
  • One dream ends - I asked AI to make a flag. (Second attempt) *Twenty years ago*, I was living in California, missing Nigeria, and so I created this blog, UpNaira, my s...
    1 year ago

About Me

Followers