Subscription

Books
Shop
About

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Mathematician Mirzakhani, Princess of Persia

It's a wonderful story.  It's an inspiring story:  Iran’s state-run newspapers break with the country’s strict rules and show the mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani the way she was, with her head uncovered, as the country mourns her death at the age of 40. 

Mirzakhani was the first and (so far) only woman to be awarded a Fields Medal.  That was three years ago. 
The world will always have her work, and these stories.
Please feel free to comment below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Other Blogs

  • Independence Anniversary - NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian society and beyond. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS." *Advertisement:* booksss about boyz and girlz.
    1 day ago
  • I play FLAGLE every day - Question: everyday or every day? Or every-day, a brand-new spelling. Not brand new nor brandnew?I play more than twenty games every day. The funny thing...
    6 days ago
  • trip - Coldplay - A Film For The Future (2025) Want fine African Literature? (Preview) Nigerian Lifestyle A-Z at REALbubbler.blogspot.com
    3 weeks ago
  • One dream ends - I asked AI to make a flag. (Second attempt) *Twenty years ago*, I was living in California, missing Nigeria, and so I created this blog, UpNaira, my s...
    1 year ago
  • It's time... - but don't go away. Keep up with my other blogs. Read my books. Stay mathy. ✌
    3 years ago

About Me

Followers