Subscription

Books
Shop
About

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mathematics being this romantic thing


Perelman, who I find adorable by the way, is described in this documentary - in Russian, with English subtitles - as a national hero.
I find the movie deeply poetic; so musical in fact that I want to learn mathematics or - who knows - do mathematics.  I'm just not sure how to proceed.

A butterfly flutter from afar reaches the ear to whisper and stir the belly like a song wake up drive yo! 

2 comments:

  1. You love Grigorii Perelman.
    You'll love this New Yorker piece: Yitang Zhang solves a pure math mystery.
    Zhang is described as "a solitary, part-time calculus teacher at the University of New Hampshire who received several prizes, including a MacArthur award in September, for solving a problem that had been open for more than a hundred and fifty years." It is a gorgeous story, and it inspires me to do mathematics and do life on my own terms.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

My Other Blogs

  • Independence Anniversary - NEWSBUKA for all the burning topics in Nigerian society and beyond. GeT FREE EmAiL UpDaTeS." *Advertisement:* booksss about boyz and girlz.
    1 week ago
  • I play FLAGLE every day - Question: everyday or every day? Or every-day, a brand-new spelling. Not brand new nor brandnew?I play more than twenty games every day. The funny thing...
    2 weeks ago
  • trip - Coldplay - A Film For The Future (2025) Want fine African Literature? (Preview) Nigerian Lifestyle A-Z at REALbubbler.blogspot.com
    4 weeks ago
  • One dream ends - I asked AI to make a flag. (Second attempt) *Twenty years ago*, I was living in California, missing Nigeria, and so I created this blog, UpNaira, my s...
    1 year ago
  • It's time... - but don't go away. Keep up with my other blogs. Read my books. Stay mathy. ✌
    3 years ago

About Me

Followers